Why CAPA’s Exchange Parent Aide Program?
We understand that parenting can be a challenge. We are here to help.
What Happens During a Home Visit
- Discuss parenting issues that are important to YOU.
- Learn ways to help your baby/child’s development.
- Create a monthly budget to better manage your finances, improve credit, and save for the future, no matter what your current income is.
- Develop a routine that can get the family fed, bathed, and put to bed in a timely manner.
- Set goals for yourself and for your family. Your Parent Aide will walk you through each step to accomplish your goals.
- Obtain support on how to handle tantrums.
A Parent Aide might be helpful to you if…
- You are committed to meet with your Parent Aide once per week.
- You want to become more confident and relaxed in your parenting.
- You have full custody of child age 12 or younger (child must live in your home).
- You are not actively abusing drugs or alcohol (you may be in recovery).