The evidenced-based Exchange Parent Aide is a family home-visitation program. Parent Aides are trained, professionally supervised individuals (paid and volunteer) who provide supportive and educational, in-home services to families at-risk of child abuse and neglect.
Exchange Parent Aide program services:
- professional and supervised staff visit weekly with families in their homes
- a family treatment plan is developed and revised every three months focusing on
- child safety
- problem solving skills
- parenting skills
- social support
- weekly visits for an average of 10-13 months
- parenting practices become more effective as new skills are learned and applied
- closure is achieved when a level of success occurs in all four goal areas
- have at least one child 12 years old or younger
- are considered at-risk for abuse & neglect
- are willing to participate in services
For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 843-524-4350.
This program is made possible by a grant from the Community Foundation of the Lowcountry.