Safe Sleeping Tips for Baby
- Place infant(s) to sleep on their backs
- Use firm, tight-fitting mattresses
- Never use extra padding, blankets, or pillows under baby
- Remove pillows or thick comforters
- Positioning devices are not necessary and can be deadly
- Regularly check crib for loose, missing or broken parts or slats
- Do not try to fix a broken crib
- Place cribs or playpens away from windows to avoid window covering or fall hazards
- Visit www.cpsc.gov to find out if your crib, bassinet, or play yard has been recalled.
Visit www.nichd.nih.gov to download FREE handouts regarding safe sleeping for babies. Handouts are available in English and Spanish.
CAPA offers Safe Sleep Education to community groups at no cost. Please contact Charmian at 524.4350 or email@example.com to schedule a presentation for your club or organization.