Safe Sleeping Tips for Baby
- Place infant(s) to sleep on their backs.
- Use firm, tight-fitting mattresses.
- Never use pillows, blankets, or extra padding under baby.
- Keep cribs free from clutter including toys and bumpers.
- Positioning devices are not necessary and can be deadly.
- Regularly check crib for loose, missing, or broken parts or slats.
- Do not try to fix a broken crib.
- Place cribs or playpens away from windows to avoid window covering or fall hazards.
Visit www.nichd.nih.gov to download FREE handouts regarding safe sleeping for babies. Handouts are available in English and Spanish.